Well things aren't going so great with my aunt. The nurse yesterday weighed her and she is down to 85 pounds. Her PCP said he can't admit her to the hospital for not eating. The cardiac doctor said she didn't have to take 2 of her meds anymore and hopefully that will help. My aunt took that to be no meds and it was making her sick because she was overmedicated.
My mom is freaking out. She can't think or do anything. I tried to distract her. I even offered to pay for her to go on a weekend vacation to a spa where she couldn't be contacted by anyone. My brother could take care of Molly when we would be gone. Friday night to Sunday afternoon. But no.
Our lives have come to a standstill. I can't make appointments because I don't know if I can keep them and if I don't I get charged. My mom doesn't go to church in the mornings on the days she used to go and then go for coffee afterwards. My mom is sooo burnt out. I can't even do anything for her.
If nothing is done for my aunt (even though she says she will have an appetite now- sure she will) she will basically be dead before christmas if she even makes it to Thanksgiving or the first week in December.
She says she is nausious all the time. First she blames it on her sinuses. Now she's blaming it on the meds. She is finding excuse after excuse not to eat.
I feel trapped!
2 comments:
I wish there were a magic pill or spell I could give you to make it all better hun. Just know I am thinking and praying for you all. I feel the same way when it comes to hubby and his health....
I'm really sorry to hear about your aunt, Mary. Hang in there.
Post a Comment