I am a bit late for tonight's post. I couldn't fall asleep so I thought I would just get all this down and maybe if it's out of my head, it will relax.
They are still waiting for the results of my aunt's tests from Friday and Saturday. Today they did a complete blood count test and also a test for thyroid. I think the CBC comes back pretty fast. I think the Thyroid test can take up to 3 days but I can't remember. I had mentioned something to my aunt and mom on Saturday when my aunt was saying that she can't understand why she has gotten this way. I said they aren't going to let you leave until they find out what is wrong with her. My mom had an overactive thyroid... like majorly overactive. She ended up with Grave's Disease, like Nancy Reagan, only my mom had it before Nancy. I too have a thyroid problem but it's different. I have warm and cold nodules on my thyroid but my blood tests including T3 and T4 (or whatever those 2 t's are) come back completely fine. It's only something my doctor can feel on my thryoid and scanning them.
She did get the approval to go to a rehab once she is discharged from the hospital but of course, she's not going anywhere until they figure out what is wrong. She thought she was being moved there tomorrow because the case manager came in to talk to her today about the approval at the Hebrew Rehabilitation. It's right near my house and would be soooo much easier to visit. I just hope it's not like everywhere else, where my mom and I seem to keep picking up stuff there.
Our colds seem to be still annoying. I had some creaking again tonight with my lungs which is another reason why I'm up. Regular Robitussin CF didn't seem to work on the creaking but it is doing something so that's better than nothing.
I finished a book tonight... another reason for being up so late.... It's the third in the series, The Courtship of Nellie Fisher by Beverly Lewis called The Longing. I'm not going to get all concerned about italicizing the title... sorry to the grammar readers.
I'm very anxious about the test results coming back. It was affecting my work performance today. I just couldn't really get settled into doing anything. It's really draining in work with everything that keeps getting placed on the department and the unwillingness to allow us to replace the 5th person in the department. With 5 we could do so much more and then some. I feel bad for my department since I have had to take time here and there since October 3rd. It's not fair to them and I do feel really bad about it but I just don't know what to do. I'm caught between worlds and I feel like I'm falling off the edge a bit. Not emotionally like as in a spiral but just drained and not even being able to go thru the motions of daily life. Oh well. Just gotta keep praying and whatever God's will is will be.
1 comment:
Praying you feel better soon.....
Post a Comment