Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am no longer speaking to my aunt. She was absolutely vicious to me tonight when I had taken my mom over to see her. I had enough. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I'm tired of her attitude and her juvenile behavior. She is acting out because she is sick I know that but enough is enough with her. The nurse tried to reason with her tonight while we were there explaining why she needs to stay in the hospital. My aunt wants to go home. She says it's my fault I made her go to the hospital. She is still not eating. Tonight the nurse even offered Ensure to her. Not hospital food which she now says is horrible. Before she said the smell of food made her nausious. That was home and there. She's got excuses after excuses why she can't eat. It really makes me wonder. The nurse suggested to have my mom call her doctor tomorrow and maybe see if they can get a psych evaluation on her. Won't my aunt be so happy about that. She'll blame that on me too. Don't care although it does hurt alot! I was only trying to help her not to hurt her.

I am done. I feel bad for my mom because she is going to have to deal with calling the various doctors and whatnot on her own but she also has decided she's not going over there if she is going to be treated horribly. She is worn down, she's mentally and physically exhausted. She has stopped her whole life to deal with this problem. She just can't do it anymore although she will do more than I will. I said I would drive her over to the hospital but I stay in the lobby. I will not go up to the floor. That's the only thing I am willing to do since it will help my mom.

My mom says she's bored. I gave her a magazine to read and offered to bring more. She has a notebook and pen to write notes. Now she can just write note after note about how horrible I am. She actually finally put on the tv today instead of just listening to christmas music on the thingie.

Well I need to get back to my life. The first thing I need to do is shower to get rid of all the germs from the hospital and then get a nice snack of milk and gingerbread man cookies from Pepperidge Farm.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Well hun you did what you had to do. You are helping your aunt get the help she needs. Don't let her negativity stay with you... just keep repeating "she is getting the help she needs... yep I did a good thing."

Keep doing the good work and no more bad feelings are allowed.... you have a happy Thanksgiving you hear me!