I haven't posted in a while. There have been ups and downs. I think I will start with the downs.
My aunt is still not doing well. She is not eating much and she is losing lots of weight. My mom had to take her to the emergency room last Wednesday so she could get some fluids. The nurse was concerned about her weight loss and her low blood pressure. My aunt says it's her sinuses and it's making her nausiated. Maybe partially true but for this long.... you gotta wonder if she is choosing not to eat, almost like an anorexic. It makes me angry and sad at the same time. She argues when you tell her it's important to eat and drink her fluids. That she won't get her energy back and will continue to get weak if she doesn't eat. It just feels like a lose lose situation. I really want to just yell at her and tell her to stop acting this way but I can't. Hopefully my mom will call her doctor tomorrow and tell him something has to be done. She called last week and he didn't get a chance to call my aunt. My aunt can't understand why she keeps getting sent to the hospital and she thinks everyone is trying to make her sick. Ugh!!!!!
Work has been busy. We are still short staffed and I'm getting more and more exhausted from the pace. Oh well. It's common everywhere.
The good stuff.... I went to Canada last weekend and saw my BF. It was such a relaxing time. We both needed it to get away from our ailing family members and the demanding ones as well. I got to see so many cool things. We went to 2 wineries. One is St. Catherines and one in Niagara on the Lake. There was a craft show at one of them. On the way we got to see a ship going thru a lock at the Welland Canal. I've never seen ships going thru a lock before except on tv about the Panama Canal. We also went to Niagara Falls and did a bit of shopping, ate at Montana's and also played indoor mini-golf. They had that blue light that makes white glow in the dark. It was so cool to see my new sneakers and my jacket lit up...lol.
We also had breakfast in Ridgeway at a really neat family restaurant. It's going to be a regular for us if we are in that are again. We also looked at some houses posted at a few different real estate offices. The pictures were on the windows. Of course, it was only a playing house sort of thing but it was fun to compare what we like and don't like and what we need in a house. He needs a place for his workshop and I need a room where I can do my crafts and my books and genealogy. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was so relaxing and coming home to the mess was hard. I will remember my great weekend though. My BF is such a great guy!
I haven't stitched in a long while. I just haven't had the energy to do it. Either I was coughing too much or just felt really down due to the family situation. I did bring my stitching to Canada but I decided the day I was there by myself I would go for a walk. The weather was gorgeous, 60's and sunny. I took alot longer with the walk than I normally would but I felt like I accomplished something big. I would say it was about 1/2 mile street, from the hotel to Lake Erie. I originally wanted to walk a bit on the Friendship Trail but I ended up just sitting on a bench at the "crossroad" to stop coughing.
The bronchitis is getting better. I still have a few coughing fits and I wake up with some wheezing but it's so much better. I think having the days to relax was the best thing for me. I'm off the cough med with codeine and I only have to take my emergency inhalers 3-4 times a day which while still not good, it sooo much better.
It's getting cold now. My lungs won't be overly happy about it but I have a new scarf to wear so at least I can cover my mouth while out in the cold. I can't wait for Spring!!!!
I hope everyone has a great week!
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your aunt.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Also glad to hear you could get away and spend some time with BF. You needed to get away and enjoy yourself.
I'm really glad you were able to get away for awhile.
Post a Comment