Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My mom called the doctor on my aunt's case at the hospital and she said the results came back for the testing on the fluid that was removed from the pleura (that lining around the lungs). It came back inconclusive. They can see something is up but they can't figure out what it is. They are referring my aunt to the pulmonary specialist. That's as much as I know today. I did get a message from the case maker saying that she is not qualified but there are "these services" available for her at home. I told my mom who said we are just going to ignore her call. She's not consulting with the doctors and nurses before making a final decision about services she needs.

I do feel a bit bad that I am avoiding my aunt while she is so sick but on the other hand, she needs to realize that she is starting to push everyone away and lashing out. I am find with her hating me and blaming me. It takes the lashing out off everyone else. I know that getting her admitted to the hospital was the correct thing. They are trying to find out what is wrong with her and in all good conscience can't release her until they find out about the fluid issue and also why she is still not eating and has diahrea (when she decides she will tell them.) My mom is still really upset by it all. I wish she could feel the peaceful feeling I have that came over me last night when I had to hand it all over to God and step away.

My brother, his wife and my mom will go over to see my aunt tomorrow after dinner. They will bring her a plate and see if she will eat it, even some of it. Maybe she will behave since John and Katie are there. My mom said that if she starts up again, she just can't stay. Maybe John and/or Katie can talk some sense into her. I hope it goes well.

Well to my friends in the United States, I will wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all the good friends I have that have been praying for my family and sending words of support to me and to pass onto my mom as well.

No comments: