Tuesday, May 08, 2007

long post

The last weekend in April I went to the New England Genealogical Regional Conference in Hartford. It was great. I stayed at the Marriot right at the convention center. Boy was I living in style for a few days. Concierge floor and everything. I guess that was my 15 minutes of living large. No biggie. At least I got to see how the other half lives.

Last Wednesday thru Sunday I was up in Nashua for Celebration of Needlework. It was great too. I got to meet up with alot of friends. I stayed with Jenn again this year. We are good roommates. We did our annual Target trip. I got a few cds, a body pillow and a few things I needed.

Carol was great to drive me and Jenn to visit World of Stitching in Littleton. It was a great shop. We got to see baby birds on top of an outside light. They were so small and so cute. I also got to meet Kiwi Jo and her husband. Very nice people. I also had a class with Eileen and Jane. I also stitched with Joyce and Heather, and saw Janey and people from Hoops and Needles and With Heart and Soul. (too many people's names to remember... sorry)

I am not going to include pictures of the stash I got up in Nashua and World of Stitching. It's stash. I got a few gadgets, a few patterns and some material. I got a few other things too that I can't think off the top of my head.

Here is a picture of the quilt I won at the Saturday Night Social Silent Auction for Breast Cancer. I think the money raised goes to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Research Fund. Breast cancer seems to affect so many women but with so much research being done more women are recovering from the various treatments that have been discovered to be helpful in the fight against breast cancer. Early detection is a key and education regarding annual checkups and mammograms when the age is right is also a key in the fight against breast cancer.

The back of the quilt is plain but you can see the stitching on the back. The back is so neat! The quilt is hand-stitched applique and hand-quilting.

Now for my updates. First the Bruins Logo. I got some done at the genealogical conference and a few stitching the first day at Celebration.

Also up at Celebration I have been trying to get my ornament finished for the Hoops and Needles ornament finishing class. I don't have the name right now but I will when I put a final picture up. It's a Rainbow Gallery design I think. I have to fill in the boot with a basketweave stitch (that I know how to do now) and also the sparkle for the candlelight. This picture isn't that great but it's only an update.


Molly missed me while I was away. She was happy to see me when I got home. She didn't get sick this time. I called each night for her to hear my voice to see if that would help. The week before in Hartford, she got sick while I was away. Poor thing. The IBD can throw her body for a loop sometimes. We want to prevent a bad episode if possible so she doesn't have to spend time at the vet hospital again. Not only did my mom and I miss her, but she missed us too. On top of the fact the bill was sooo expensive. My plan right now after I pay my vacation bills is to cut out any non-essential spending where I can.

I will be visiting the GYN on Thursday to find out the results of my MRI and also to determine the next step. I hope I will be strong. I'm not feeling so strong and brave right now. (Did I just say that outloud-ish?!!)

The next post hopefully will be for a finished ornament or the finished Bruins logo prior to getting it framed. Time will tell.

Good night!



3 comments:

Patricia said...

Dear Mary, I hope the GYN appt. goes well. I will pray for you and hopefully that will ease your anxiety a bit? Let me know what they say. So far all of your cross stitch looks great. I need to do some serious frogging so I am really bummed about that. :-(

Everything will be ok. Challenging maybe. But, good in the end, yes. So hang in there.

Kiwi Jo said...

It was great to meet you and spend time with you over the weekend. Thanks for making my visit so much fun. Pete had a nice time too. I'm pleased to hear that Miss Molly wasn't sick while you were away.

Jenn said...

I had a great time to Mary! I'm already looking forward to next year.