Day 6 of 7. Almost there and I will have finished a complete 7 day shift. That hasn't happened in a long while. During the winter, I got run down quite a few times and ended up calling in sick or leaving work early because I was sick. I wanted to prove to myself this time that I can do it. I'm not a weakling like I've started to think I am. I need to be able to do what is required of my job and that means 7 day work shifts or it could be even longer. I want to prove to myself I can do it. Other people do it. Some people work 2 jobs.
I really need a second job so I can pay off some of my bills. My savings account has diminshed in the past year. I prefer to have some money in there so that if I have the chance to take a trip I can or even if I finally decide to get my own place, I have first/last and security plus money to get furniture and that standard 3-6 months rent on reserve because you never know if you'll lose your job or you need to be out on unpaid leave for a period of time. My checking account has gone down quite a bit too. At least I know where all the money went so I'm not sitting here scratching my head and wondering how it could happen. I know how it happened. Wedding, furniture (John and Katie's, my mom's, and mine), Christmas, other gifts, and a trip to Canada. All things that were definitely worth it but just expensive. The trip to Canada definitely the best of all for me. :-)
Now I know better and plan to keep the travel expenses limited. I found a cheap fare on Jet Blue to Buffalo and then I just have to figure how I can get to the border. Hitching a ride definitely is not an option....lol.
I didn't stitch today. Maybe I'll stitch when I get off but I think I'm going to rest the body. It's done alot and has really been there for me this week even thru all the pain. Soon, I keep reminding it. It might be good to treat it to relaxation and laying down instead of trying to do things before I go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment