Well the surgery went very well on Thursday. They got both fibroid tumors out. I had a problem with the pain med they gave me on Thursday and by early Friday morning, they tried something else. I was really itchy to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. The second IV pain med was better but when they moved me over to the pill pain med, the itching completely went away. My legs got really swollen on Friday but were fine on Saturday. I went home on Saturday around 11. It was nice to be home in my own bed. I'm so glad I bought the new bed... well at least the mattress mostly. The bed is nice but very high off the ground. I'm glad I got the stool for the bed a few weeks ago. I got the staples out on Monday and everything looked fine, even the bruises and other spots they were a bit concerned about. I pushed things since I got home on Saturday and realized yesterday that I need to take things down quite a few notches. So today I took it much easier on myself and I was a bit more giving on the pain meds too. Not more than I should have but more than I was taking.
The doctor said I should be fine with having kids as long as I take care of myself now. The only thing is that I will always have to have c-sections due to the depth of the cuts they had to make to remove the big fibroid. I also should be able to carry close to fullterm but that I have to be very careful towards the end of a pregnancy. Things I have to think about. Things I have to talk about with my boyfriend too.
I haven't done any stitching or reading yet. I've watched tv mostly. I'm hoping to get some stitching done as time goes on.
I got beautiful flowers from work on Friday. Bill also sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers on Saturday. I almost cried when I saw them. I feel so spoiled by him. He checked on me (by phone of course) on Saturday night because my mom was going to go out. I was able to find out what I said on Thursday and Friday when we talked on the phone. I guess when I was tired, I had to get off the phone right away...lol. He was understanding of it and got a chuckle out of it. Normally it takes us a bit to say good night or good bye...lol.
Well that's it for now. Gilmore Girls is on and I think I'm going to go watch that in the living room. Thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes before the surgery and since I've been home.
1 comment:
Glad to hear everything went well. God bless.
Post a Comment