I was home sick again today. I just kept coughing all night and into the morning. It was like I was going to cough my brain off. My throat hurt from coughing too. So I called my doctor to see if there was anything else I could be doing to stop this. But.... the only thing she could do was call in a prescription for a stronger cough suppressent. It's going to take at least 4 weeks or so for the bronchitis to go away. Now I am thinking asthma is such a much easier thing. At least even if I have a huge asthma attack, it goes away within 4-5 days. I am angry at myself for letting myself get this sick and miss yet another day off work, especially knowing this is going to take a while to go away. I read that I do need to sleep more. I did alot of that today so hopefully it will get me thru the next 4 days of work. I decided that I'm going to have to deal with crackling if I want to sleep on the side that I know I can sleep on better-sleeping wise.
I failed working 9 days in a row. Geesh! It's a good thing I'm not going to apply for the P2 position in my department. I'm not healthy enough to do it. I also know I have a lot of issues that will prevent me from being a good P2. It's only temporary anyways and I have no idea what I'm planning to do with myself.
I hope tomorrow will be the start of a better day for me.
3 comments:
Hope you feel better soon.
I had bronchitis twice in 2006 and after the second time, the doctor gave me Advair. That worked really well on my coughing. It's for asthma and COPD but it worked for me. I hope you feel better soon! Now, move to Canada! ;)
I tagged you - see my blog for details!
Post a Comment