Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm home!!!!

First of all I want to thank everyone for all your prayers, good thoughts and words of support while I was taking care of my aunt. She has done remarkedly well. The pacemaker has brought her back to almost her old self. She has alot of weight to still put back on and to get her strength back with walking outside for more than just the parking lot at the doctors' offices.

Right now my brain is really wiped. I think that is what is feeling the brunt of it all. The body is still in Energizer Bunny mode. A few good nights sleep and my brain should be function better. It really did feel like my world was ceasing almost 2 weeks ago but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Still in the tunnel but the light is sure nice.

I had sent my bf an email when this all happened and I sort of gave him an "out" if he wasn't sure how this would all play out. He is such a great guy. Instead of talking about what wasn't, he talked about our vacation in November. It helped cheer both of us up which we both needed.

I finally found out from my mom what her hangup about me moving up to Canada was.....nothing major... she was worried about having to go through the selling process of the house by herself. She doesn't want to stay in the house after I move out. We have found a nice senior community in a nearby town that has great reviews. It has everything from senior housing to assisted living. Heck the place looked so good, I was almost envious of the idea it was only for seniors. They have a pool, exercise room, beautiful grounds, grand room that is gorgeous, food facility and they have great outings that aren't just a trip to the grocery store or to the local mall. They go to museums and games. She already knows a few people who live there as well.

My aunt did mention about me moving to Canada as well and wants the best for me and my bf. So I will be able to have my chat with him in November. Whatever he says, yes or no, I will be fine with the answer. We can always change our minds in the future.

Oh it is so nice to be reclining in my own bed while typing this blog entry.

I am home again. :-)

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am glad things have settled down for you and your family. I hope things continue to improve.

P.S. Send Amy my love.

Patricia said...

I am so proud of you. You are a stronger woman. Strength comes from working hard. You learned alot about yourself. You did well. I am so proud of you.

I am glad to hear that there was honest talk about your relationship with you bf.

Things are starting to finally look up after reading about that.

Congratulations! rest well

hugs to you

Butterfly Amy said...

Hope you rest well tonight!! You deserve it SO much :) You did really well, and coming from someone who knows.. What you did was no easy thing!

HUGS!