Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Went back to work today. I got stuff done finally but as the day went on so didn't the coughing. It's late now but I can't seem to get the coughing to settle down for the night nor just settle down in general. I've tried my usual relaxation techniques but I think I'm just too anxious.

I go to Canada in a week and a half. I'm a bit nervous in some ways. Will I feel better? Will I be nervous about talking to my BF about our relationship and what we both want for it to become? Me moving up there and what not. How will my mom do when I'm not home, especially with my aunt the way she has been lately?

My aunt's feet were swollen again today and the nurse caught it. My aunt couldn't hide it. My aunt also couldn't hide the fact that her pressure was up before she took her meds this morning. She conveniently forgot what it was but knew it was high. Her neighbor said she has to be very particular about writing it down all the time even if it's a number she doesn't want to see. There may be a trend or something. But today she was all stuffed up and complained about her sinuses. My mom went over to the nurse's house in tears (she's our neighbor) to talk to her about the situation and how my mom just can't do it anymore. And that we both have been so sick the past few weeks especially last week. My aunt didn't bother to mention that I hadn't been staying over night and my mom going over in the daytime. The nurse also didn't realize I was sleeping on the floor in the living room most of the night until my aunt finally went to bed and I moved over to the uncomfortable couch that I'm just to big (aka fat) to be laying on. I thought the first night that I broke it but the cushions were already in bad shape. She's going to get a social worker into see my aunt about her depression and issues. Maybe the SW can get my aunt stimulated to want to get better. I think my aunt wants to get better but in some ways she doesn't. I just don't know what's going on in her stubborn mind. And it's definitely not dementia. I can tell she is ruminating about everything and planning what she will or will not do. Ugh!!!!

Until tomorrow's next installment of my life's saga...

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Praying that things will get better for you and that you will have a great trip.