Acupuncture treatment 4 last week released alot of blocked or stagnant energy. Enough that I had a horrendous migrane. It wasn't the acupuncture that caused it. It's my body's reaction when pressure is released. Basically it's a reaction to a reduction in stress. It really freaked me out though. If that was blocked inside me... how much really is blocked in me. It really got me thinking about trying to destress.... well last Friday was a big failure because I got stressed out 15 minutes before closing by a pushing patron who thought he was all that and a bag of chips and then some. The feeling carried until my massage which was great. I had a new massage therapist at the old spa. She was great. She knew exactly what would have been supertight based on what we talked about. But that unstressed feeling only lasted until I got home. No matter what I did Saturday and Sunday... using the DBT skills, meditation, breathing, aromatherapy, listening to calming music, even listening to active music (rock, metal, dance, celtic, hawaiian, bollywood). I even tried to stitch a bit on Sunday evening or maybe it was Saturday evening.... I worked on Pooh's Temptation... I'm doing the nun stitch for the border of the section I did so the material can be trimmed at some point... I'm still avoiding the hem stitch or something like that stitch to attach the felt piece and then start on the back side. That should be easier once I start since there are no funky stitches nor gold floss to be used.
Accupuncture treatment 5, we stayed only on the front side. She was going to do the upper earlobe and the nose bridge but I told her the earlobe hurts too much and the bridge was a little bruised after but not alot. Not like other bruises I get. She said that the abdominal tenderness changes from week to week which she says is good because that means energies aren't being stagnant. They are moving. Not really moving the bad stuff out but moving which is better than blocked. I came home with a migrane again. Not bad though. I took the imitrex and I'll take a good dose of advil in the morning and bring an imitrex if for some reason it hurts bad in work tomorrow. I can't call in sick. So I can be there and help patrons but I won't be focused enough for my own work. She also put a magnet (japanese healing arts) on the back of my neck. It is supposed to keep the energies moving until I go back next week. It's sort of irritating at times but I think that is my hypersensitivity with the migranes. All of the sudden I'm really hungry... hmmmmm.
The new president of the library started today. She visited all the departments at central today. I was impressed she even came over to the research library as I have found managers only come over for parties or to show bigwigs the artwork. I hope she will be a refreshing change for the library. It might not help me get a new position in there but if she makes positive changes for the library, maybe my stress level will reduce enough because the broken distressed enviroment that we work in will be fixed. Although........ the state has announced that they are in a huge deficit and will be doing cuts. I assume that means cuts to cities and towns and the library tends to get the brunt first even though people say they know libraries are important especially for supplementing school work and for adults who are looking for new jobs or grants or even the best seller because books are just way too expensive. The patrons are starting to feel the cuts we have had to make with the serials in the research library. Titles they have become accustomed to, we just can't afford to buy anymore. Of course, they are not happy campers because now they need to find a new source since they can't afford the source themselves.
This economic mess is stressing me out. I know I have some monies that are not FDIC or DIF protected. Not much but I hate losing money. I get pissed off when I misplace a dollar so imagine losing it and not having the opportunity to get it back. I will have to work hard to replace my losses. Everything just seems messed up. I thought it was just the US but I'm hearing Europe is having some issues with their financial institutions and being sound.
Geesh, I've babbled on and I'm still hungry...lol. And as usual I won't be going to bed early tonight. Not as if my mood would have improved by going to bed early. It's been pretty sour and negative lately. The problem is that I can't keep my mouth shut and it just spews out. Maybe I can at least work on that tomorrow. I can always post my comments to my private blog...lol.
I'll go over my Sept goals and October goals another day.
1 comment:
Hope you can start doing a little better... I know worrying about Amy did not help much... Know that I am thinking of you today and always my friend.
Private blog .... hmmmmm LOL
Post a Comment