Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still haven't stitched in a while. Last night I fell asleep and wasn't awake enough during Ghost Whisperer to stitch. That is when I've been trying to stitch. Maybe I'll stitch tonight but probably won't.

I didn't get the Collection Development job. Not like I knew I wasn't going to get it but they didn't pick the senior candidate either. They picked the most junior. Is that saying something about the future at my library? Are we back to having no protection for seniority (which includes experiences and lots of knowledge) over hiring friends who have some experience. Ugh!

But it dinged the self confidence again. Not as much as January but a bit. I am hoping that with rest this weekend I will be more resilient to overcome this ding.

I have gone to 3 accupuncture visits so far. It has helped but the effect doesn't always stay. I know stress is the big reason why. I just can't seem to break the stress. I have however had moments where I had no pain. I tend to have pain somewhere all the time. Not enough to limit my life but enough to remind me of the stupid things I have done in the past. The first treatment I had absolutely no pain in my left leg. I could stand for a legnth of time with no pain on it at all. I felt revived in some ways too. But it didn't last more than a day. The second treatment was ok but I was heading towards a migrane and ended up having it the next morning but I was definitely calmer during the rest of the week. Mind you, it was the week after my vacation and one of my biggest stressors was not there. The third one was this week. While I felt more relaxed and a bit euphoric in the brain, I didn't feel the affects as much. I was very stressed this week to begin with. I had stomach pain all week. It was the muscles tightening up again majorly. Not the acid reflux but that was there too. Pepcid and Omaprazole helped that. I just wish I could learn to manage the stress better so that my body isn't on a permanent fight and flight mode. I am feeling some differences in my upper arms though. The bulky swelling is going down there. T-shirt sleeves that used to be tight are actually loose again. I have even lost a bit of weight. So my theories about the cortisol buildup was probably correct and that was due to the F&F mode due to constantly feeling stressed and anxious. Someday.... I can't wait to feel more often the freeness I feel just after the treatment.

I was nervous about getting picked and poked but I feel nothing, except when she put some of the needles in my ear. That is a bit too sensitive for me due to constant pain in the ears. (see a trend here... but it is all caused by stress.)

Maybe I will stitch tonight or tomorrow. When I do I will post an update of whatever I stitch. So far my September goals are not being done either...lol.

No comments: