Warning... there will be a little religion talk here but mostly as how it has affected my thinking lately......
Well I called my aunt today. This Sunday at church there was a discussion about mercy and forgiveness. The pastor also wrote about it in the Sunday bulletin. So it's been weighing on my mind with the situation with my aunt. So I decided that I needed to let some of it go. I am not saying I've completely forgiven her and forgotten how she has treated and spoken to me and my mom but she has been sick so I should be a little nice. She is starting to do a bit better. She said she is eating better and is taking her meds morning and early evening. So that's that.
I went to the doctor today for a physical. I had a good report except that I really need to work on losing weight..... my blood pressure was up. Actually it was almost close to my mom's normal BP. It wasn't nerves or anything like that. It really is my weight. Now the trick is to try to lose the weight while being under the stress I am and the meds I take but I do think I can at least lose 10-15 pounds taking those two into consideration. I need to lose at least 40-50 pounds. I am hoping the fact that my BP is up that it will be the push to really lose the weight this time. I did lose 6 pounds at one point so I know it's possible. Oddly enough, I was suprised my weight wasn't higher. I had my heavy denim jeans on and normally my home scale is usually about 3-4 pounds lower than the doctors or gym's scale. But still it's not healthy.
I also have to repeat my colonoscopy from 2 years ago because even though it came out fine, I didn't prep clean enough. I plan to do better this time so I can put it off longer the next time. I get them because my dad had colon cancer. Also, after June I will have to have my first mammogram. I can't believe I'm old enough to get one now...lol.
I finally also got my flu shot...lol. And yes, I do have signs of the cold or at least it's going away. It was a sinus/throat cold instead of a lung cold/flu so it's been easier to control my asthma.
So ... time will tell how much weight I'll lose by June when I see my doctor again...lol.
1 comment:
You sound like you are doing much better. Hope you can continue to improve and lose the weight you want to lose.
Post a Comment