I caught the cold. I had to leave work at lunch time today because I had a fever. I'm feeling better but I still feel the fever a bit. It should pass hopefully during the night. I haven't decided about the flu shot tomorrow. I need it but am I well enough to get it. Time will tell.....
My aunt was discharged today. My brother took my mom over to get her. She complained the entire time on the way home. She complained when she got into her house. She doesn't understand why she was given certain prescriptions because "she hadn't taken any in the hospital" and her sinuses are all better now. No more headache (that's because she had a claritin) but they wanted her to have some in the house in case she gets the symptoms again. My mom finally had enough of her complaining and stubborness about not taking the meds they prescribed that my mom finally snapped and told her off. She did get really upset because of getting so angry at my aunt. We had a fight when I came home from work and when my aunt called for a ride home. It was about the situation between me and my aunt and the upcoming holidays. She thought I was being rude. We apologized before she went out but when she got home she realized why I just can't be around my aunt anymore. We decided it was a very good idea that my brother went because he was much calmer but he also hasn't had to deal with my aunt much in one of her snits. So at least he sees what she is like. My mom said she's not calling tomorrow to see how she is doing. My aunt can call her if she wants to talk. My mom realizes that my aunt isn't going to do anything to get herself better now. Oh and by the way, all the tests came back negative. The polyps that were removed the other day... .noncancerous. So the doctor said they need to treat her symptomatically and that is why she left with meds for each symptom. The only symptom to me that they didn't do anything for is her mental issues. I do think that she's not eating for the attention. She really needs to talk to someone about what is really going on with her in her mind. I think she needs a Catholic Social Worker that can blend both church teachings and talk therapy.
I am glad there is nothing seriously wrong with her but I am sad that she is still behaving like a stubborn pissy brat. It's sad when you have to describe a 74 year old woman like that. Yes, she is only 74.... not 90.
So chances are she will take to her chair and pout and not doing anything to get herself better like eating... sleeping on a regular schedule and not all the time or at various times that affects her nighttime sleep... and also taking her meds and following up with her doctor. She's supposed to call to make an appointment for next week... let's see if she really does. My money is on the not making the appointment and not taking her medicine. And eventually not eating.
I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!! I want her to want to get better but you can't make someone do something they don't want to do.
A friend had mentioned that we talk to my aunt about selling her house and moving into assisted living or independent senior living. I can't have the talk with her. My mom fears the talk with her. We just don't think she would do it since she already thinks it's all my fault I made her go to the hospital. That I was so horrible to her making her want to get better or they find out what is wrong with her. We need to get an outside third party to talk to her about this possibility for the best living situation for her.
My friend also suggested that I consider again the idea of moving up to Canada. Right now, I just don't want to leave my mom in a lurch. Granted my brother is going to have to do more but I want to be here for my mom just in case. She's under so much stress that I'm afraid she will end up with a heart attack or stroke at some point because of all the stress and the way she's being treated by her sister. And at times, it does appear I'm not being helpful to her with the situation either by not seeing my aunt.
I need to take care of myself right now. My back muscles are stressed out and therefore pulling the discs out of kilter. That causes the spinal nerve to send wrong messages about my arms and legs and pain. I might call to get a massage or go to the chiropracter. I do have to work this weekend so making a massage appointment might be tricky. The chiropracter might be tricky too since I've got the cold but maybe it will help my body and the massage will keep the muscles loose again. Of course, the big thing that I have to... reduce or let go of my stress....lol. Ha ha ha...lol. Ho, Ho Ho...lol. He, he, he...lol.
Thanks to everyone who have been providing words of support and concern for me and my family. I've gone on and on and on tonight. Sorry... but then if you didn't want to read my own complaining, you wouldn't be this far reading...lol .
Have a great night and great day!!!!
1 comment:
I am sorry you are sick and also that things are not good with your aunt.
As for having the talk with your aunt.... you already can not do right as far as your aunt is concerned... maybe that makes it a good time to talk to her about the move. Not like she is going to change and tell you you did right and then switch and say you did bad.
Sorry hun that is how I have to deal with the inlaws on every subject.
Just know I love you my dear sister.
Post a Comment