Thursday, September 23, 2010

I had the appointment today. It was a consultation and a needle biopsy. Probably to have it all done in one day before I have a chance to chicken out or work myself into a state. The good news, I hope, is that he says that he was 98% sure that the cyst was benign but the biopsy was done just in case I'm in the 2%. That way he can be 100% sure all is fine. I have to go back for a mammogram in the right breast next week. Because the location was a funky spot, the radiologist thought it would be better to wait. After the mammogram, I see the doctor to discuss the results of both. I still have to do the every 6 months but he said it was just routine when there are some changes but not enough to need to get something done in an emergency, like I have heard about some women. I did wear my Still Stitching socks today. I decided that although I didn't mention anything on the SGD groupie page, I needed to be part of the Sisterhood of the Still Stitching Socks today. Thanks to Jenn for wearing her socks too. Boy, they are really warm socks but it will be good in January when I go for the 6 months mammogram. Today, for my feet, it was a bit warm...lol.

I did go alone to the appointment but thanks to all who suggested to bring a friend. I think if there was something big going on, they might have suggested to bring a friend. Granted there was the huge mixup with me finding out about the appointment in the first place. I'm kind of glad I went alone. I didn't ask all my questions other than my what the heck is going on (in a general sense) and why but noone can really answer that. But I did ask if the things aren't that serious to be concerned about, why can't I now go on a yearly cycle. I got an explanation. Didn't like it but I got one. I didn't like it because after having my breasts examined, they were a bit sore and pain tends to get me a bit cranky. Not super cranky but enough that internally things bug me a bit more even if it's not anything to get bugged out. Oddly enough, noone really knows this goes on inside me. Well now you all will but you will never known when it happens...lol.

I took the huge compression gauze off me already. It was just making things hurt more than necessary. I have a bandaid on just in case something decides to leak a bit of blood. I don't think it will at this point. I tend to clot really quickly. Normally when I have blood tests, I rip off the gauze and tape as I'm leaving the building after I do check to make sure it's not going to splurt blood everywhere. I don't do well around blood...lol. I know it's better to keep it covered to prevent any infection but with the fibro pain issues, when weighing the choices, taking it off is better to reduce the pain.

Tomorrow when I go to work, I will try not to do any lifting. I'm going to be alone for the afternoon so hopefully the kids won't make too much of a mess. I also have to clean things up for Saturday especially just outside the Children's Room where we have the kids manga and graphic novels and the kids Spanish books. It's Curious George Day. He's turning 70 this year. And in the past, they have had more than 800 people. Not sure if I'm ready for all that many people (kids and parents). It will either be fun or I will get completely freaked out by it all or I will be sore and cranky and not able to enjoy it. I'm hoping for fun.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, good thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just great news!!! I know that you will be glad when you have finished all of the appointments.

Good Luck with your big day - my kids and I and my grandkids all love Curious George!! Didn't know he was that old, though.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Well take care my dear. I am glad you are doing, feeling and all in general having a better outlook.

Just keep us informed how you are doing.

Have fun with the curious George celebration.

Meari said...

How was Curious George Day?? It sounds like a lot fun!