Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King, Jr. was a very inspirational man for all people of all races, colors and creeds. Just had to say it in honor of his day. I am hoping the inauguration will go smoothly tomorrow. I would like to see a bit of it but I'm not sure what my schedule will be in work. I remember watching... I can't remember which president's inauguration (it had to have been between 1987 and 1992 because I know I was working as a shelver in my local library) and I got to listen to Maya Angelou speak and recite her poem, Still I Rise. I remember we got a copy of it at my local branch and I borrowed it so I could reread it like 10 times. I do wish I could hear YoYo Ma and Itzhak Perlman along with others performing the composition by John Williams. Hearing even just the highlights from the practice just sounded inspiring. That's what I love about music. It can inspire and help people to dream (even if it's just a day dream from reality for a bit), and can energize a person too. It can also have negative effects such a creating the wrong kind of energy that leads to hate an destruction but I prefer to listen to what is positive for me. Mind you I still listen to old heavy metal and anything with a good beat that's not necessarily positive but when I need to be lifted up, I know what to put on.

I found out today that my SIL is coming for Easter dinner while my brother heads off for the Frozen Four. I'm already stressing out now about it. I know it's silly to worry about something in the future but I've found that if I go along la di da and think things are copacetic, I tend to get ambushed big time. I know my body just can't handle that kind of attack. It is better at worrying so that I have my guard up to prevent myself from letting it hit me the wrong way and these days because I'm not very resilient, anything outside of me that causes me stress is like causing stress a 100 times over for a regular person. I want to get my adrenal gland to be not so worn out before it poops out on me and then I'm screwed.

No stitching this weekend. I didn't do any more of my homework this weekend either. I did however finish a book last night since I couldn't fall off to sleep last night. I was going to stitch today but life got in the way.

Tomorrow night is Cait's wedding ceremony. A new chapter in her life begins. I hope it will be very positive for her. She deserves that for all the things she has been thru in life.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope you get to watch a little of it. I know I am hoping they let us watch it at work. It would be nice for the kids to see a little of it.

Hope you can find some stitching time.

Don't worry about the future.