I drove to London on Thursday to see my BF. My idea was to go to Thread and Eye first and then go by his house. Instead, I underestimated how long it would take to get to London, and got stuck on the 401 right next the exit closest to his house. I called him (hands free of course!) and he gave me directions to his house and then we both went to Thread and Eye. He was great there and enjoyed looking at the patterns with moose, deer and wolves. Of course, the first one he picked was a book with tons of pages. He looked at the pattern and couldn't figure out what all the symbols meant...lol but I gave him a crash course and said I don't tend to do projects with a lot of pages. He was a really good sport there. The owners of Thread and Eye are really nice. I picked up a few patterns and some gold needles. I forgot to bring more than one needle with me and I decided to give gold needles a try. It seems to move smoother and feels softer on my hands if that makes sense.
After we went there we visited the Jalna Branch of the London Public Library across from the White Oaks Malls. It was nice there. Then we went to Applebees at the mall and then to Pier One. We went for a drive around the area so I could see what his side of London is like. I liked it. There were farms. I also got to see the winery and places where he rides his bike. Although the time was short, at least I got to see him for a bit. He was supposed to meet me in Fort Erie on Friday but his truck broke down on the way in the middle of crazy busy traffic.
Other things I did while I was on vacation: I visited the Niagara Falls Public Library - Victoria Ave Branch (nice library), went to Niagara on the Lake and walked part of the Friendship Trail in Fort Erie. I also went to various locations of Tim Hortons and went to Walmart. Saturday night, I went back to Great Wolf Lodge to hang out and get some pizza. I also went to one of the big souvenier shops and stopped along the way around Niagara Falls (except right at the big falls) to take lots of pictures.
I stitched when I went away as well. I started Halloween Fairy and Winter Wonderland. I got to the airport super early on Sunday due to the holiday and the Buffalo Bills game so I got alot of Winter Wonderland done but I couldn't snip the orts. I need to do that tonight before I put them away. Here are my progress pictures:

I'm still in the process of learning how to use my camera so my pictures are mostly practice oriented. I seem to still have problems with taking pictures of my work and my shadow...lol.
I did take some really great zoom pictures at Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake that looked like I was right near the location but in fact I wasn't. At some point, I hope to post a few pictures of my trip if I get my act together.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time.
Your WIP's look great!!!
welcome back!!!
sounds like you had a great time .. but how do you deal with your bf being so far away???
ohhhh by the way you made me do it!!! .... im about to start winter wonderland too! lol but i bought the 1st one "frosty blue house"
hope to see some beautiful vacation pics soon!!
Your stitching is looking fabulous! Isn't Winter Wonderland fun to stitch?
Okay... In your last post you said you got a new camera (You know where this is going, right?). Where are the pics of your vacation??? lol
I'm glad you had a great vacation, and even got some stitching in. Can't beat that!
Post a Comment