Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well it's been almost 2 weeks back to work and it hasn't been as successful as I would have liked it to be. Last week I had more energy but I was sore. This week I'm wiped and sore. Now I'm sore on the left side too. I've been reading that it actually does take longer for most women, who have the same surgery I had, to feel better, up to 3 months and not the 4-6 weeks that the doctor says. Lifting heavy things really shouldn't be done for about 3 months especially if one is still feeling pain or pressure/swollen. Needless to say this week I've been feeling more frustrated and defeated. I've got the white flag but haven't quite raised it yet. It started off bad in work on Monday and the week just hasn't been right since. It's not even a full moon. I was asked today by someone in work how I felt and all's I could say was sore and tired. She asked if we needed to adjust my schedule but it is the nature of my job, I am a librarian. I am going to have to lift heavy books to give to patrons especially when noone is around or is helping another patron which both can happen frequently. So what can I do... nothing but suck it up. I haven't been stitching since I've been trying to finish up homework that must be done by 11:59 on Sunday. I'd probably get it done faster if I put my mind to it but my mind has been unfocused as well. I suppose all and all I probably wouldn't feel as down as I do if I didn't let myself get this way. My bad.

No comments: