Two days until I go back to work (tonight and tomorrow). I'm anxious about it. I am determined to work a full week without taking halfdays. I refuse to be weak!!!! Last week was a bad week all around. My mood took a huge nose dive. I don't know what is going on with my BF. I know he is busy with work, and some family health issues, and the MS Rona Bike Tours and other volunteering events but I feel a bit left behind. I'm wondering if he has second thoughts about us. Yes, I am having low self esteem issues lately. I feel stupid, I feel fat and I feel anxious about everything. I decided to just let him be for now. It's hard for me but it is what it is. We aren't anything serious anyways. We live far away from each other. I don't even know when I'll get to see him next. There was talk about October but I don't know if he is still interested and what he wants to do. I haven't talked to my therapist about my issues because I'm hoping they will pass when I get back to work and a regular schedule of work to fill my brain with nonsense.
For Patty, the courses I'm taking are genealogical courses online. I am currently taking United States Religious Records - Part 1 (due August 26th) and Research: Irish Ancestors (due Sept. 16th). I have great intentions of keeping up with the classes but life gets in the way... usually with me a mood that has to do with me or work (most notably - people who like to think they are genealogist but have absolutely no clue about how to go about it but think they do and no clue about respecting the policies of different institutions.. aka check out an instution before you visit them and call ahead if you have any questions.) The course work is fun at times and does help me with my librarian job. I finished a Certificate of Genealogical Librarianship last year and thought I would take two more certificates (what was I thinking!!!!!) in American Records and General Methodology. Many many classes still to go. I am going to take some time off after I finish the Research class so I can get myself reorganized.
No comments:
Post a Comment