Thursday, June 15, 2006

catching up

Well I really haven't posted in a long time. To start with, the wedding was absolutely beautiful. I caught the bouquet but I do wish Katie threw it to someone who would have had a better shot at getting married than I do.

The next weekend was Celebrations of Needlework in Nashua, NH. I had a wonderful time. Jenn was my roommate again and we had a blast. I took a beginner hardanger class with Julie Norton of JDesigns. No picture yet since I haven't finished my first piece yet but I do have to say that it was sooo much easier than I ever though and now it all makes sense. I also took a class with Susan Greening Davies. It is a Sampler Basket. Another not finished project yet but I will get it done before next year. I loved the Round Robin projects we got and the stories as usual. I also had a great time at the Saturday Night Social. Jenn and Carole and a friend of Carole's (sorry I can't remember at the moment) and myself went to Olde Colonial Stitchery. It was a great shop. I love the location. It's sooo classic architecture. I bought stash there. We also went out for Mexican food. I was so tired after that so I just slept the afternoon away...lol.

I didn't buy much at Celebrations. I did get a really nice pair of scissors for needlework. A must need for hardanger. I also won #14 of the raffle. See the following picture. I got two kits, some Needle Necessity Floss, some material and a cute fake flower. (No allergies there!) The box was neat too!!!!





No comments: