Monday, August 15, 2011

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted so I thought I had better write a blog post before I go away. I head up to Niagara Falls Canada on Friday and come back on Tuesday. I have a few ideas in mind of the clothes I am going to wear. I also have my book all set. It's the 8th book in the Daughters of the Glen series by Melissa Mayhue titled Highlander's Curse. It's been painful not to read this book knowing it's in the next room but I've been good. :) I have narrowed down my stitching to two projects and will make the final decision of which one I will carry up to Canada on Thursday night when I do my final packing. It's a toss between Halloween Fairy (which I have brought the past few trips up to Canada) and Lizzie Kate Double Flip-its (the original set). Both are great projects to bring but there can be only one...lol.

As for stitching, I have done a wee bit since my last post but not enough to take a picture. I've been working on Glory Bee's Birds of a Feather Sampler. I've also done some braiding on the kumihimo disk from the class I took at Celebration of Needlework this year. That goes really quickly so I might tuck that in with some random dmc floss and see what happens. For now, the braids will be scissor fobs but they don't match the scissors. I am looking for functionality and not so much matching. Someday maybe I'll get creative and do that. I just want something that makes it easier for me to find my scissors in my various stitching project bags.

It sure feels like fall tonight between the rain and the raw feeling to the air. Even the wind sounds fallish. There is a saying that in New England there are two seasons, winter and August. I'm starting to think that maybe it's really winter and July. I remember all the snow we had last winter and the super high temps in July. The only thing this August is the humidity. My hair still won't cooperate no matter what I do.

I hope everyone has a great week and that everything goes well until my next post.

Aloha!

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope you have lots of fun on your trip!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip! A little cooler air here would be great!

Meari said...

Hope your trip went well. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.