Wow has it been 3 weeks since my last post. Well that actually is probably pretty good. We just came out of a horrendous heat wave in New England. I know other areas of the US and Canada are still baking like hot potatoes. Thursday morning I woke up and was beet red. Needless to say I hopped into the shower pretty quickly to slowly lower my temperature. It was a week I was happy to be in work.
I still have moment when I wonder if am a good children's librarian. I really killed my confidence with storytelling in June. I will give it a shot again but right now it's just too busy with Summer Reading programs and the kids coming in for Summer reading books on their school lists.
It's a bit less than a month to my vacation up in Niagara. I can't wait to get away but I'm mixed about the whole thing. I plan to help my friend with the setup for the bike tour but I'm wondering if I should just skip it. It's been over a year since he decided he didn't want a relationship anymore and I still have some issues with that. This week I asked him something because I'd rather have clarification instead of misinterpreting what he said. Now I just feel stupid and just want to avoid him instead of getting over it. The good thing is that now that he's busy with the MS bike tours in other areas he will be too busy. Maybe by being super quiet, I will just get over myself. I think the heat added to the emotions.
I haven't been stitching since May. I keep saying I want to stitch. I pull it out but then do nothing. The bag sits on my bed beside me instead of on the floor in my room. When I head to Canada, I will be dragging Halloween Fairy with me. So I really get going on working to try to finish Birds of a Feather from Glory Bee. I really love this piece. I have no idea why I have a complete block to stitching this summer. I will provide a picture the next time I pick up the piece.
Well anyone who is still baking like a hot potatoe, I hope you find some place cool!
Have a great week!
1 comment:
Baking like hot potatoes is exactly right. Ugh! We had storms over the weekend that finally broke the 90-100F temps. I woke up today to temps in the 70's and no humidity. Ahhhhhhh.....
I'm sure you do just fine as a children's librarian. What does storytelling involve? Is it like reading them a story? Or, do you actually have to make up a story?
As for your friend situation (I know, you didn't ask LOL), I think you should just skip it. If you have unresolved feelings or issues with him, you shouldn't spend time with him or helping him.
Pick up that needle, girl!
Post a Comment