Happy July 4th for my US friends and Happy Canada Day for my Canadian friends. I haven't stitched in a while so I have no progress update. Maybe I will this week. I finally finished the genealogy class that I started over a year and a half ago. I should have finished it in less than 1 years, just for the record but I was fortunate to get an extention. I had my final consultation on Wednesday and she liked my work and gave a few suggestions for the future. Net result... I got an A+ in the class. My next genealogy class is going to be US Military Records. Maybe I'll find some helpful hints with my research of my great uncle who was a career military man. I got a few suggestion from my "advisor" from my last class too. I will go back to researching him at some point. I need to scan a bunch of stuff so I can refer to it easier than trying to dig out my binders when I want to research. I can use them for storage of paper items so I don't lose anything. I do that a lot at times.
Can you believe it's already July???!!!! This year is flying.
Our summer reading programs start next week. Technically the reading portion of it starts on Tuesday but the programs don't start until Monday although we do have our Infant/Toddler Sing Along this Friday. The kids love it!!! I actually can't wait for Fridays and Kid Cinema. We are using the same format as we do during the year with 5-6 short films of like 10-15 minutes each. I can't wait because at least 2 of them are Winnie the Pooh ones. :) I still have to keep an eye on the comings and goings and what not but I get a great view from where I am. I just hope I can manage the influx of people. This week was a much better week. Not sure why. It might be from the changeup of my medications. I can breathe a bit easier and that definitely helps the mood. The goal is also to reduce the number of headaches and/or migraines in a given week and eventually to a given month. I was getting about 4-5 headaches as week with 2 of them being in the migraine range. Found out I couldn't take Imitrex (or generic) for the migraines anymore because of my BP (which is perfectly under control with my low dose medicine). Imitrex isn't safe with anyone that has any heart related issues. I was bummed out because we finally found a dosage on the generic side that actually worked the first time I took it and not having to repeat a few days in a row. I was still getting a few migraines a week but I also could feel the migraines "lift" which wasn't happening with the lower generic dose. But the new medication helps the bp and the headaches. Gotta love a 2 for 1 pill.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
2 comments:
Glad you did so well on your class.
I hope you can enjoy the summer read program.
Sorry to hear about your meds. Makes me wonder what my dad's dr's were doing to him.... he had high cholesterol, high bp and was have angina attacks and they were giving him Imitrex for his migraines.
Congrats on finishing your genelogy class. Is there a best-practice when it comes to storing records electronically? I have some genealogy stuff that I'd like to get better organized.
Ahh, summer reading programs. I remember how much fun those were when I worked in the children's dept at the local library. I miss those days :)
Hope you find something for the migraines. They suck... big time.
Post a Comment