Saturday, September 24, 2011

yet another really overdue post

Ok, last time I said I would have pictures of my stitching since I haven't taken any. I did work on a tiny bit of stitching on Lizzie Kate Double Flipits (the original set) and on Birds of a Feather sampler (Glory Bee). There is definitely enough to warrant a pictures of BOF. Hopefully I get it taken sooner than later.

Canada: I had a super great time there. The weather was great minus a few pretty dangerous storms on Sunday morning and Sunday night but the temps were warm (not too hot) and the sun felt great on me. I even got a little color, even when I wore sunscreen on Saturday when we were doing the signage for the MS Rona bike tour in Niagara- well we ended up in Fort Erie. I actually had the beginnings of a tan and not a lobster. I was really impressed. This vacation was so relaxing. I didn't really do much. I made time to read and relax. I also went to Niagara on the Lake a few times. I took pictures at the Whirlpool area and the Spanish AeroCar at Niagara. I got a new phone so I was playing with the features and made a small video of the area... plus a nice sneeze, shaking the camera and an "excuse me" to boot. I also goofed around the indoor water park at the hotel... crazy busy but still fun.

My friend said he would like it if we went next year towards the end of September. (Good sign in my book). We also had a really great talk over breakfast on Monday. He explained his reasons for why things are the way they are and I think since we were face to face, it just helped me a lot with just understanding it all. I do agree with a few things but some not but it's up to him to deal with those things. I understand that completely. I can't convince myself of some things no matter who much people tell me it's different. I have to be the one to make it work in my mind, so I am respecting that with him. I think last year my emotions were too raw to just come right out and ask him the questions I needed answered when face to face. He actually did read my extremely long email I sent him last October but he never really talked about it after I sent it so I just figured it blew it off. I was impressed he remembered what I said. I do have to send him another long email to explain a few things I brought up with me but all and all, the talk went really well.

The entire trip, we both felt really comfortable with each other. There was no underlying tension like I felt last year when trying to be on my best behavior. He said this time he actually started to feel more at peace and relaxed as he started towards Niagara. I am glad because he needed it. I felt the same way the entire time with him and I didn't want it to end. But like all vacation, they have to come to an end. I am happy where things stand. It is God's will for things to be this way. And it will be His will if things progress or just stay the same.

I am proud to say I made it through my first summer. I had a few bumps along the way but it was so much better than I expected. I think the fact that the room is soooo much neater really made a huge difference. The Library Assistants and myself worked hard during the school year to put back everything that got out of control when someone else was trying to manage circulation. Over the summer the LA's worked hard to keep things as in order as best it could be. It helped me to feel more relaxed there since I didn't have trouble finding things.  I have been there a year... I survived. I did cover a break one day for Social Sciences and realized I'm not up for that pace anymore. I am happy I made the change. I have many things I need and want to work on during my next year there. I am not really ready to think of my next steps from here since the areas I need to work on and it will help me gain confidence to decide my next step in my career. I am definitely where I need to be... which is a children's librarian. As to my current library, I love working with my coworkers but I still see things getting worse and not better. But for now, I'm staying put.

The earthquake in Virginia: Yes, I did feel it up in Niagara Falls. I was at the hotel, the Great Wolf Lodge wasting time before I had to go back over the border. My head had this really weird feeling which usually comes before I make a dramatic fall on my knee, lately knees. But I never fell so I thought oh cool, maybe I won't fall when I have that feeling anymore. Then a few minutes later the texts started to come in. I guess some people felt it at my library especially if they were sitting down. My chiropracter across the street felt it really strongly and another person in the office that is from California knew right away what had happened. My mom had no clue until I called her. My cat, Molly, the poor thing, got really super upset by it that she ended up throwing up and having diarhea and then wouldn't eat for 3 days. I know it's not because I came home and caused a disturbance the space/time continuum...lol. She was very jumpy for a few days too. When she's not in a deep sleep, she's very sensitive to the environment around her including how her humans feel. But she can sleep through major thunderstorms as long as she isn't bothered or hears us getting all concerned about it.

I found out that I am not just allergy to cats and dust mites... I'm severely allergic to them. The allergist wants my room to be a dust and cat free zone. I said the cat is not negotiable but the dust is so I've been doing some major cleaning. 7 bags of clothes went to Savers. That included my old really pretty clothes when I was thinner but I just can't have them around in the hopes my body will get thin like that ever again. I'm thinking size 2 and 4 are completely out. I couldn't believe I had a size 2 skirt. I remember wearing it but how I did is completely beyond me. That was over 12 years ago now when I was a skinny minny and also dressed up for work in suits and pretty skirts and blouses. I have more clothes to go through as well. Stuff that I fit into but haven't worn in the past few years. I'm not getting rid of my hard rock cafe t-shirts though. I can't part with them. I am hoping to be able to donate more things to Savers and I have tons of books to donate to my local branch library for the friends booksales.

Well I should send this post out before it gets too late. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!

3 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Glad to hear you were stitching more and also had a wonderful trip.

I had really hoped you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation and really good year in general = congratulations!!

Meari said...

Glad you had a great time in Canada. Size 2? I can't ever remember wearing that size. I need to go through my closet and purge, too.