Well it sure has been a long time since I posted on my blog. Meari mentioned how long it has been in an email recently. (Waves Hi to Meari!) I did a little stitching in December but not enough to take a picture. Since I had my fall in October, my knee has really bad letting me know how unhappy it has been and wanted to remind me why I shouldn't fall. I made sure I iced it at night but walking and basically doing my job was making it unhappy. The past few weeks I've had a few colds so I've been off my knee on the weekends since I've been pretty much in bed trying to get rid of the colds. Not sure it is the same cold revisited or what. But now that I'm exposed to little kid germs, I need to build up my resistance or maybe after getting every cold coming down the pike this year, it won't be so bad next year.
But back to my knee. I saw my doctor in December and she sent me to Physical Therapy. The first time was last Thursday. The PT suspects it's a torn meniscus. I (being a librarian) have been researching where the pain has been and the various symptoms in my knee since October and came to the same conclusion too but I'm not an expert so I needed someone who knows knee damage to tell me what was wrong. I did not tell her my suspicions though. We will be giving it 4 weeks 2 times a week and then if it's still bothering me, I will have a consult with the orthopedic specialists down the hall. I have exercises to do at home. The exercises will help the muscles and ligaments which are a mess but I'm not sure how much it will help the damaged meniscus (cartilage). It should definitely help the pes anserinus bursitis and the super tight muscles. Anything is better than how it has been. I think the damage to the cartilage goes back to 1995 and it just kept getting worse with each activity I do or fall I have. A nurse friend suggested I should have an MRI. Maybe the PT will work. That would be the cheaper route. I have goals of what I want to do when I'm better which are active based like riding a bike or going for a hike. I don't know if Tae Kwon Do will be the picture for a while but that's more due to the fibromyalgia than anything. Maybe in time I can get that part of my life back. But I hope to give Tae Chi a chance since it's lower impact and I like forms anyway.
Work has been good otherwise. I am hoping to start a story hour in the new year.
Hopefully once this latest cold has past I will start stitching again and then I'll have some progress pictures to show.
Happy New Year everyone!
3 comments:
Sure hope your knee and colds get better soon. Hope the PT is the answer.
Looking forward to some stitchy pics.
Hi Mary! I hope your knee gets better for you. Glad to see you posting!!
I hope the PT helps. No one really thinks much about knees until they mess one up. I hope you get over your cold soon!
Post a Comment