Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US celebrating this important holiday of giving thanks for the bounty we have and the freedoms we enjoy, especially women rights.

What I am especially thankful for is that on Saturday, I did not hit anyone or anything when my brakes failed me. I was at a stop light and first in line so I could react quickly and get the car over to the side of the road. I won't go into the steps I took or how something clicked in my brain to detach myself from what was happening and react to resolve the situation most effectively. Adding to the car saga, I was able to afford to repair my car instead of having to get a new one. My car is a 1999 bought in August 1998. So it's not a youngin'. My putt putt is home from its vacation at the repair shop and drove really well on the way home too, restoring my confidence in my car for a while longer.

I have many other things I am thankful for this year but the above one is so fresh in my mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Thank God his angels were around you...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving my dear!

Meari said...

I'm glad it turned out all right for you. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Kalu V said...

Happy late Thankgiving ! hope you had an awesome holiday

and im so happy to hear everything is allright =D

Chris said...

Hey Mary,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope that you are having a good December.
Chris