Happy Labor Day to my friends in the US and Canada.
I went to the movies with my mom this afternoon to see Julie & Julia. It was a good movie. I laughed many times. It was nice.
I haven't taken a picture of my stitching lately. I really should. Hopefully I will take one this week. I've been working on the 3rd piece of Winter Wonderland. It's the pattern in the middle. I figured I'd start from there and work backwards so that I have the piece centered. I don't want to run out of space on the material and I want to make sure there is enough waste material around the stitching as well so it will be easier to frame.
It's time to admit that Summer (not the season but the concept) is over. Time to prepare myself for the onslaught of the cold and also changes in work. Kirstein Business Library will be opening on September 16. I assume we will still be answering questions that day since they are having a grand opening and the staff of KBL will be there for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
I just hope that maybe I will bounce back from all the crap we have had to deal with. I never thought there were so many angry people in the world. It's really sad how people have become. It was bad in 2002 when we had cuts but it's even worse this time. I know the economy and everything is affecting so many people but funny thing is that those who do have jobs have to do the work of 4 people or more now. It's not like we have it easy.
I know I'm supposed to have developed a thick skin to work with the public but I guess I haven't. After getting yelled at by patrons for 2 months due to the budget cuts in books, magazines, databases, staff and the moving of KBB to the Central Branch and the inability of my department to answer questions due to our lack of the current information in our books, it has really worn on me. I know it's worn on others in my department too. I just don't think that people should be that mean to the point where they cause other people to want to burst into tears. It's just not right.
Sorry to go on here. Like I said, I hope I bounce back. I'm worried what will happen if I don't. I don't think my back can deal with it, but then maybe my body is chosing something else to show its displeasure of stress. It will be interesting to see where.
2 comments:
Happy Labor Day my Dear!
Happy Belated Labor Day. I hope things go more smoothly for you at work.
Post a Comment