Saturday, March 17, 2007

finished an ornament

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I am finished with the stitching of the ornament for the 4/10 ornament finishing class at Hoops and Needles. I think this is the first time in a while I will arrive at the class with my stitching completed. I would have had it finished last night but we lost power. I was only 4 beads short of the finish too but by the time the power came back on, my eyes weren't in a good stitching mode. So, I finished it tonight.

This ornament is called "We Wreath You A Merry Christmas". Designed by Bobbie Marek of Water's Edge. It is in the 2006 Just Cross-Stitch Ornament issue. The image is on page 10-11 (#7) and pattern is on page 104.

Now it's back to stitching the Bruin's logo. I'm stitching the white at the moment so you can't really see it on an image. Maybe when I start with the final circle which is in black, I will take a picture. It will look like I have more progress then.

I'm sooo looking forward to Celebration of Needlework in May. Catching up with stitching friends and learning new techniques and oogling all that stitching stash in the merchandise mall. I can't buy it all but it's nice to see it up close.

I'm still feeling a bit off like I did in my last post but I just have to "ride the wave" until things feel better.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations - nice ornament!!

Jenn said...

Very Nice Mary. I can't wait till Celebration eitehr! I hope your feeling better soon.

Patricia said...

Congrats Mary! Your finish looks so pretty! I always get jealous of your work. You are a great person, good friend and great stitcher. Have a good one. Can't wait to see the next one.