After I got my car serviced I went to my LNS Hoops and Needles and bought some stash. Funny how a few days ago I was going to get rid of my stash. One item I bought was the ornament for the finishing class. We are doing the 2006 Snowman Ornament Kit by Mount Forest Frameworks. I did the 2005 ornament and last year I ran out of floss so I ended up stitching the snowman with oatmeal which gave it the look like it was a snowman with the molasses salt that is used in Boston to melt the snow. This year I want to make it look like a nice clean snowman. I'm going to use DMC White instead...lol. I got 2 WDW flosses, material and beads for this piece. One can never have too much floss or beads...lol. The material I"m using is going to be darker than what the kits asks for but I think it will really contrast well with the ornament from last year.
I also bought 2 of the Summer Snapperlands. I need to get the material for that. I still need to stitch the Winter Snapperlands...lol. I got a few pieces of remnant material. I can stitch something small on them. I also got Lavendar and Lace's Dance with the Roses. I absolutely love this pattern. Granted it's another pattern that will end up on the pile for a while but it is pretty to look at.
Below is my picture of the stash I bought today.

Book currently reading: Little Town at the Crossroads by Maria D. Wilkes (Brookfield Years - Caroline Years)
Currently listening to Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone on audiotape.
3 comments:
Hi Mary!!! I didn't know you had updated your blog! Congrats on the new stash! Doesn't it feel good to buy it. It sort of puts me in the mood to stitch whenever I buy more to add to my already big pile of cross stitch. Well have fun. Enjoy stitching! It is one of life's pleasures and it is an art too.
Thanks Trish!
Ooohhh what a great stash day you had! I'm gald to see you got Dance with the Roses. I just love this pice. It's so pretty.
Post a Comment