Sunday, August 27, 2006

August 27

Nothing new for stitching to post. Still working on And Two Shall Be As One. I really do have a block doing this piece. I'm tempted to just give it up. Granted I've gotten house, trees, flowers and gate done plus the words "And Two Shall" completed. I think I've hit a stitching block. It's for emotional reasons. No biggie.
I am enjoying seeing everyone else's work and imagining all the pieces I would love to do and know I won't ever have time to stitch.
I suspect I'll be doing some cleaning of my stash at some point soon. Cleaning meaning giving it away. Of course, that means I will have to go thru it all...lol. Maybe I'll do that on my vacation starting on Wednesday.
I do need the time away from work. I am back dreading going to work each day. I just don't know what I want to do in life so I don't want to just quit and be unemployeed. After all that's not what is expected of me. A few people who reads this blog will know what that means.

Movies watched this week: Memoirs of a Geisha and Star Wars Episode II.
Book I'm reading: Little House in Brookfield by Maria D. Wilkes (Caroline Years Series)
Goal of the week: Not to piss anyone off or cause anyone distress.

4 comments:

Lillasyster said...

Mary, I totally know what you mean about stitching block - I've been there since before this summer. Not one single stitch - and it's not just because of the heat we've been having...

Here's to hoping we'll be back in the stitching habit in no time :-)

Mary said...

Ann-charlotte,
Thanks for the encouragement.
Mary

Jenn said...

I think the stitching blog bug has hit everyone this Summer. I'm still stuck in it to. :(

Big hugs and enjoy your vacation! I sure wish I could take a few days off and come up and visit you.

Patricia said...

Sounds like there has been a bug with the stitching block with a lot of people. Well, I have been stitching for the last half of the summer. Don't know why. I hadn't picked up a needle in months!!! and months. But, recently, I have enjoyed it. I am taking a break till mid september but I want to get back into it and work on my fall projects. Have a great day!