Saturday, February 05, 2011

This winter s#$%^

I know many people have posted this on their blog but I'm soooo tired of winter. The people taking care of my mom's driveway and sidewalk have done such a shitty job. She has had to hire someone else to at least get the sidewalks done with each storm now. I don't understand why the service doesn't plow out the driveway even decently. I tried to go out today and see if there was something I could do but it was just too hard for me to move. A shovel isn't going to move things that are frozen and also things that the big plow should have moved. I just don't get it. I did get my car out... somewhat. I cleaned off the top, pulled the car out after getting annoyed with the snow and tried to widen the spot my car is located which of course put a lot of the snow right onto the driving part of the street. I guess I should put more brake lines and the muffler/exhaust system in my budget again this year. I was doing really good with cleaning my spot so that I could avoid scraping the bottom of my car but oh well. I got sick this week and couldn't go out to clean the snow before it got all mucky and froze. The stuff under the mucky isn't so bad to move but that top layer... ugh! Hence the screw the snow and I'm bashing my way through it. I got a bit of a headache from being out trying to move the snow. I'm not sure why. It's not like I overtaxed myself.

On a different note, I found out this week that a friend has ovarian cancer and there are spots on her liver and on a bone. She's going to do chemo and probably have surgery but they gave her a time frame of a few years to live. The cancer cells are breast cancer cells. She had breast cancer 8 years ago and beat it. All her tests came back fine since she received the all clear. It's rather unsettling to say the least that someone who did all her followups and tests and what not, has cancer with similar cells to her breast cancer. I'm hoping a miracle will happen. I will keep praying for her. It is really scary though. Makes me wonder about what is going on with my breasts and why they are only watching it instead of doing something to prevent it doing something worse. Please keep her in your good thoughts and prayers. She's only 35. We want a miracle here!

I didn't do any stitching this week. Hopefully I will do some this weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry that your winter weather has got you down. It sounds like your mother needs to call the cleaning service and tell them to try again.

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. I understand what that does for your feelings of security. It pretty well messed up mine. I will send prayers and positive thoughts your friends way.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

SO sorry you are dealing with all this weather and trying to deal with it the best you can.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. May God give her a miracle.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Mary I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.

Yup winter sucks this year for sure.

Meari said...

I hear ya on the winter stuff. I think we're all ready for it to be over. A lot of the snow has melted here already. Yay!

Sorry to hear about your friend. :(