Today I had my first mammogram. It wasn't too bad. I have to go back in 6 months. They saw a few things that are normally normal but since it was my first one, they don't know what is normal for me. They weren't concerned though. It was like a few calcium deposits and a few other things. At least that test is done. I'm a bit sore tonight in a few spots but oddly enough, it's not usually at times so it just probably annoyed normally annoyed spots...lol.
I also went to the Rheumatologist today. I have now been officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have all the symptoms minus one and I have all the tender points plus some. I have also had many of the triggers that could have started it all except any broken bones or major accidents. The fall last August wasn't a major accident, just a regular one although it was really gross. She gave me something to see if it will help with the pain. She was glad I had already went for the sleep study, which I get the results in February. She also said water aerobics and walking is great. Plus the other types of therapies including the chiropracter, accupuncturist and massage therapist were good even if the results only really last a few days but it's better than no days.
So tonight I started the new medicine. I will be working slowly up to the dose since I might not need much or my body might decide to have issues with it. It really just depends. Everyone is different with fibro and so the treatment can be different for everyone too. I hope someday they can pinpoint why it happens and be able to reverse it. I'm hoping maybe if my body doesn't hurt, it might relearn how to be human and not a pain ball.
And for those who used to think I was whining over nothing and I was acting like an old lady... raspberries to them. Many are dead now but still blowing raspberries to them anyways. Some people would get annoyed thinking I wanted attention (believe me, I prefer to be in the background with noone noticing me) or that it's in all in my head or "I'm bringing it on myself." Oh, and the "it's just growing pains" or "it's because you put on weight" (doesn't explain when I was 96 pounds and in pain, now does it!)
I have had pain since I can remember which is about age 3. When I was younger, I was able to work thru the pain, play and dance and everything. As time went on, it has just gotten harder to deal. You'd think in some ways since I'd be used to it, I could still deal but it does feel like the pain just gets worse and for longer stretches to the point there are no good days. I don't remember a time I had no pain except for maybe when I had a colonoscopy and when I woke up after it, I felt sooo good.
So now I have a name to the pain. And in some ways it's a relief. I'm glad they are getting to understand fibro more now. Still wish they knew more. Maybe someday.
Thanks to everyone who has put up with me and my whining for so many years. I appreciate your patience.
2 comments:
Glad you found the name for your pain.
Unfortunately, even though you have the name some still won't believe you actually have an illness... being that fibro is a hidden disease most may still think the same.
But at least you can now get some help to deal with the pain.
I'm glad you've got a diagnosis for your pain and maybe some help with the meds.
Post a Comment