
I watched the Pink Panther 2 tonight... well I actually scanned thru until the Pope's bedroom scene which was filmed at my library, Boston Public Library. It was filmed 9/20/2007 according to my pictures. They showed the Puvis de Chavannes Gallery (http://www.bpl.org/central/chavannes.htm) and the Edwin Austin Abbey Room which houses the Quest for the Holy Grail Murals (http://www.bpl.org/central/abbey.htm). I also got to see some of the furniture that was outside the Abbey Room that I thought were extra props but they were real props. They also showed one side of the Gallery "Lobbies" near the stairs going up to the third floor. The statue near the door was our statue, the other big one in the center was their statue and was made of plaster and was so light it could have been easily knocked over... would have been funny if it did as part of the movie just cause I thought of it but no... they didn't consult me...lol.


So I'm not really sure how the movie ended because I scanned quickly to see if there were any additional parts.
Here are a few more of my pictures I took from my phone... not the greatest but it was something to remember the first big movie filmed inside the library. I took the picture at the top of this blog entry in the morning while I was going down to the other end of the hall to check on something. None of the actors were there. I thought it would be cool to take a picture of an actor's seat. Call me goofy but it makes me chuckle. I did get to see the guy who played the pope another time I had to go down the other end of the hall. The first time I walked by I sort of was a bit startled but then I got used to him dressed that way. He sure looked like a pope...lol. Didn't get any pictures of the actors or actresses.


I thought this was a really cool prop. There was a seat too but this was my favorite outside the room. I thought the bedroom was neat too. I didn't realize they were going to use our marble floors in the movie. I thought they covered them over but maybe that was just for moving things around and not during the shots.
So that's my excitement today...lol.
3 comments:
That is toooo coooool!
Really cool that a movie was shot in your library!
that is sooo cool!
im sure it was a pain trying accommodate them and do your job at the same time, but its so cool to watch the movie and know thats were you work
Post a Comment