No pictures to share but I have been working on two of the projects from Celebration of Needlework 2009.
I am still finish the first huck towel from Julie Norton's beginner hardanger class. The hardanger is done, it's the cross-stitching that's taking time. Julie is wonderful She makes hardanger so easy. I still have a lot of practice to do on my picot stitches though. http://celebrationofnw.com/image_detail.php?photo=norton_11.jpg. What you see here are the bands for each huck towel. I am doing the blue one.
I'm also working on Susan Greening Davis' class called Shina's Tote. You can see what it will look like when finished (http://celebrationofnw.com/image_detail.php?photo=davis_9.jpg) The bag is gorgeous. You only see the front side (or back depending on how you think if it), the other side is gorgeous. This class was an amazing price for what we got including being taught by SGD who is great.
Other than that... I really need a vacation. Work is stressful. I just typed a whole bunch of whining about my library and its crisis but I decided to delete it. Everyone knows the economy has tanked and everywhere is cutting. Public libraries are the first and last to get hit with budget cuts. I am lucky my library hasn't closed like other libraries.
I got my Basic Level Certificate of Completion for Genealogy Methodology. I'm working on the intermediate level now. I am not taking any American Records classes this month. I just looked at my "student briefcase" and I finished my basic level for American Records as well. I didn't get my certificate yet... No biggie. I'm just happy I accomplished something.
2 comments:
Congrats on learning hardanger... I am taking a class soon to learn it myself. I will look at those links.
Congrats on your certificate of completion.
congrats!! the towels looks so pretty! i cant wait to see yours finished
Post a Comment