Friday, August 01, 2008

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted last so I thought I'd type something up tonight.

Work is going to be hectic for a while. We were told that my old boss' position won't be posted anytime soon. A librarian in my department that is the next level up will be Acting Curator. Hopefully when the winter cold and flu season hits, they might have reconsidered their idea and posted the position. We will find out either August 14th or 15th who the new president of the library will be. If the trustees do not like the candidates chosen by the search firm, they will have to go thru another search process. I'm hoping one of the interviewee will be chosen so we don't have to have chaos going on since things are getting done because noone knows what the new person may want to do.

I have some stitching goals for August... we'll see if I actually get any done:

1. Stitch at least 2 of the double flip-its this month - Dream and Love.

2. Finish the center of Pooh's Temptation - the stitching that attachesthe felt to the stitching. Normally this would have been stitched lastbut because I have attention issues, I don't want my count to be off inthe end.

3. Do at least 25 stitches on Frederick the Literate.

4. Do at least 25 stitches on Woodland Enchantress.

5. Finish up ornament that was supposed to be done in May- a Shepherd'sBush from JCS 2007 Christmas magazine.

No pictures of what I've been stitching but if I get a chance tomorrow, I'll take an update picture. I've been working on Pooh's Temptation. I'm just about done with the first side. I need to stitch a few more pieces of the gold. I ran out of the floss that came with the piece but I found some DMC gold today and will use that.

Tonight I started the Lizzie Kate Double Flipits - I worked on the border so I can make sure I place things in the right place. I plan to stitch the border a bit more and then start on Dream.

I uploaded some pictures that I took of some birds that had made a nest in a bush outside the kitchen window. I enjoyed watching the babies grow so fast and take their first flights. I was suprised how well the pictures came out. At some point I might post the pictures, once I get them sorted out. There was just something amazing about watching them grow. I felt like I was their auntie keeping an eye on them from the window. The way my mom and I found out there was a nest... we got dive bombed one morning when my mom was taking me to the train station. I couldn't understand why until I got home and started to wonder where the baby bird chirping came from. I have to say that these birds were much nicer than blue jay parents. I think the birds were finches but I'm not sure. I need to look at some books now that I have the picture of the bird. But it was time for them to fly the coop and build their own life..... sounds like a good story for me to learn as well. And I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope to see your updates soon on your stitching. I got the Woodland enchantress last week and am thinking that after I get the mystical wizard done and stitch a little on another UFO I might start it. Then we can do it as a SAL. lol

Patty said...

Hi Mary! I'm passing on a blog award to you. http://pipstitch.blogspot.com/2008/08/super-commenter-award.html