I was supposed to get back from my first trip last night but my flight from Buffalo was cancelled. I was able to reschedule for a 7am this morning. I got home to my house by 10:30am.
I had a great time visiting my boyfriend up in Canada. We stayed in Fort Erie. We went down to the Friendship Trail on Saturday and then off to Niagara on the Lake and went to the shops and ate there. On Sunday we went back to Niagara on the Lake but before we got there we visited one battlefield from the War of 1812 and also went to 3 wineries. First we went to Peller Winery. It was huge. I tried Icewine there. Then to Caroline Cellars. They are expanding their place. And finally to Jackson-Triggs. We did a tour of that winery. Our guide, Hugo, was really interesting. My BF met someone who is also from London, Ontario so they were chatting a bit. Then we went back into the Heritage District in Niagara on the Lake for dinner and to poke in a few more shops. On Monday, we spent more time together and then he left for home. I left the hotel on the shuttle at 3:00. Got to the airport, checked in and things looked fine. Then I got a call saying my flight was cancelled. I eventually ended up rebooking my flight for first thing this morning. I stayed at the Marriot about 10 minutes away from the airport. It was expensive but it was really nice and I needed that since I was all in a fluster. I have had luck with Marriot's. If I stayed somewhere I was not sure of, I might have been even more on edge. I left the hotel at 5:30am... how do people function at that time of day...lol.
I got home, ate breakfast and went to bed...lol. Tonight it's all about laundry to get ready to leave tomorrow for Celebration of Needlework in Nashua. I'll be back on Sunday. I'm hoping to relax, stitch and relax more. Maybe some shopping too. After spending the extra money yesterday, I am not going to be spending as much as I had thought I was hoping I could.
1 comment:
ohhh so happy to hear you had fun on your trip!
i bet those cancelled flights sucked but it gave you a little bit more time to be away from home and relax
Post a Comment