Patty left me a comment and asked if it was hard to work with beads. It's not hard at all. Well trying to get the needle in the bead hole can be a challenge when your attention is bouncing all over the place but they are fun to work with.
My suggestion is to use a bead needle or a very thin needle when using beads. I have broken a few needle eyes because I was too lazy to find my bead needle...lol. Usually it's when I'm trying to rush to finish something. It is really so much easier to use a bead needle and since you don't use it that often it doesn't get lost or broken as quickly as regular needles. As long as you remember where you put it when you are done..lol. (I really have to get all my stitching stash in one place to make my life so much easier...lol.)
My other suggestion is to get something like Tacky Bob
(http://www.flyingneedlestx.com/tackybob.htm). I'm just using this website as an example. Basically it has a sticky pad for the beads to stick on. It helps so that the little box of Mills Hills beads don't go flying all over the place if you make a sudden move. You take some out, close the Mills Hills container and work from the Tacky Bob.
The other thing to watch out for is that if you are putting them every 2 or 3 stitches that you remember your count and not be chatting away with your stitching friends and forgetting the count...lol.
Can you tell for me it's all been a "been there, done that" sort of them for me...lol.
I tend to go for the shiny beads but other people like the frosted ones. I suppose it's like adding an embellishment to a pattern like Lizzie Kates and Bent Creeks.
Enjoy!
Mary :-)
1 comment:
I've done beads as part of the design (instead of cross stitches) and you are right about getting a bead needle. I really should invest in one. What I haven't tried is attaching beads on the edges like you did with your ornament. I love how that looks.
Post a Comment