Valentine's Day is coming up and I don't even care. Normally I get all depressed and close myself off from everyone but this year, I can't be bothered. I am not sure if that is because I sort of have a guy in my life. I get to see him next weekend. Not only am I going to get away for a mini-vacation, it's his birthday and I get to spend that with him too. We don't get to see much of each other since he's up in Canada but we do keep in touch via email, chat and the phone.
I finished my genealogy class last weekend and found out they actually gave another extention. System troubles on their part. I am glad I got it all done though already so I could relax this week. I had that really bad cold going around the week before and that complete knocked me out. I was out of work for 3 1/2 days. If anyone who reads this blog and comes down with the cold, just make sure to drink lots of liquids. The best liquid I found was oddly enough Kool-aid. I was trying to be good earlier in the week with my diet and sticking with Vitamin Water, Gaterade and water but finally I needed something different. It could have been just a coincidence that I seemed to get better after the Kool-aid but I like the idea of saying it helped..lol.
I did a bit of stitching last weekend instead of my homework. So here is my update. I decided that I'm going to have to adjust the pattern and only do the B symbol and not the entire pattern. I didn't measure the material out properly and I don't want to have no material left when I try to frame the piece. I will see how things are when I finish the B. I'm going to try to frame the piece myself. I won't look professional but I want to get it done. If I can get it done by next weekend, that would be great but I don't know if it will be done, mostly because I'm not a quick stitcher. If I don't finish it by next week, I might get it framed right. Decisions, Decisions...lol.
You can't really see it but I'm working on the white section between the gold/yellow spokes.
Here is a Molly update. She's about 3 now or she will be 3 at the end of the month. She's doing so much better. No throwing up since her last IBD attack. That was her first IBD attack too. Her fur is growing back where they had to shave her arms to put the IV in and also her belly where they had to cut her open to do exploratory surgery for any blockages and removal of irritated cells in her bowel. We have to keep an eye on her though. She will be prone to these attacks. Hopefully it won't be for a long time that she will have another one. She's had such a time since she was born, between having to be fostered since her mom was feral and didn't stick around to the two colds when we got her and now IBD. But she's always a good kitty on a good day. Bitchy and bold on her bad days...lol.I received this today as a Valentine's Day exchange on the NEXstitchers group. Thanks Cheryl. I love everything! Hot chocolate, candy, beads, bracelet, floss and pink cup. I think I missing something. Everything is great!!!
Well I think that is it for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a great week coming up!
3 comments:
Hi Mary - nice to see a new blog entry today :-) Your logo came out beautifully! I hope Molly does do well now! I can sure relate to your concerns over your kitty!
wow you've been busy Mary! The Bruins logo looks great. I hope you can get it finished by the weekend.
Your mini vacation sounds like a lot of fun. I've got 2 and 1/2 days off next week and I just can't wait.
I hope/think we should have registration for Celebration either tomorrow or Tuesday going by the last 2 years. I can't wait!
Wow Molly has gotten so big! I'm glad to hear that she's doing better.
Thanks Carol and Jenn!
I can't wait for the registration to come up.
Post a Comment