Tuesday, February 07, 2006

First finish for 2006

I went to my ornament finishing class at Hoops and Needles in Walpole tonight.
I now have my first finish for the year. It is from the Just Cross Stich 2006 Ornament Issue by Homespun Elegance LTD, pattern is on page 60.



The next ornament we will be working on is the Shepherd's Bush "As Bethlehem Slept", picture on page 19, pattern on page 90. I did the one from last year and had fun making it. I can't wait to make the match. Maybe someday I will make the old ones too.

4 comments:

Bastet said...

Well done Mary! I liked this one when I saw it in the mag, but was afraid to stitch it due to the slits. Keep up the good work!

Jenn said...

It looks great Mary! Keep it up and you'll have the whole magazine stitched. :)

By the way the scan of Two shall be as one you posted the other day is looking good. I love how the thread makes each piece look different from all the others. :)

Patricia said...

I love your finish! It looks so cool. Good job!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone!
The slits are really easy to do as long as you do a slip stitch to the 4 corners before you put on the button. Also we used a button on the back to secure the top button better.