Monday, January 02, 2006

Entry for January 02, 2006

New Year - Well it's 2006. I wonder what's in store for me. I hope there will be more happiness for me in 2006. I hope I can accomplish more too. I want to get in better shape. I have to fit into that bridesmaid dress the end of April. It fits now but if I expand sideways in my hips and thighs I'm screwed. I'd rather it be a bit loose than just fitting. That means more workouts and cutting down on my calories. Maybe I'll actually be able to fit into my old clothes again. Wouldn't that be nice to be able to wear dresses again in the summer instead of my dark pants and a top. Mind you I haven't put on alot of weight but it's more than I should have and 2006 is the year to take alot of it off. I refuse to be a skinny minny again but I do not want my body having to work harder than it has been just cause I've gotten so lazy.

Boyfriends in 2006- would be nice but I don't see it happening. I just don't seem to be interesting enough to catch attention and I don't want to do something stupid to catch attention either. I'm not a trophy but I'm not butt ugly either. I guess I haven't figured out the right balance. No biggie though. I will keep myself busy and try to do positive things for others. As long as everyone is happy then 2006 will be fine for me. I often do imagine me being swept off my feet. Like the Mr. Right for me is out there...lol. I often daydream that someday he would come walking up the main isle in Bates Hall with a beautiful bouquet of my favorite roses and give me a hug that says he will never hurt you and he will never leave you. And he would tell me that he loves me with all his heart and soul..... I read too many books. I have heard stories that it has happened for some women but if it happened for all women, it wouldn't be as special when you hear about it. For some women, it just must not be their destiny to experience such devotion. I guess there is a plan for me and I just don't know it yet. Could be that I just have to make sure everyone else is happy. Not a bad plan I guess.

Weddings of the year - This year my brother and his fiance are getting married. I am sooo happy for him. He deserves to be happy. His fiance is great for him. I think they make a great match. (I am purposely not posting names here.) I also have 2 cousins in Ireland getting married. One cousin is getting married a week before my brother and the other one is getting married in September. That should be the end of the weddings. I don't see me getting married.

On Weddings - I did once wish for the Cinderella or Princess Wedding. I imagined my beautiful dress and the beautiful color roses I would carry as my bouquet - they had this really pretty light color peach/pinky but more peach color. I can't describe them really well. My dress would be so pretty. There would be lace and a long train. I would wear a tiara and have a beautiful veil. I would walk up to the altar and have all my favorite music playing. I especially wanted the song Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring. I absolutely love that song. A wonderful tenor like Josh Groban or a beautiful Soprano would be so ideal. The food at the reception would be great and the cake would be half chocolate cake half white cake and the frosting and layers would be like a dream. But girls have silly dreams growing up and reality is a completely different thing. I guess I just have to live vicariously through all my friends and go on imaging what it would have been like......

Travel - I had thought about taking a warm weather vacation but looking at my known expenses for 2006 and how much it will cost, the balance sheet is just not working out. I will end up with more negative than I am comfortable to deal with. Oh well... it was nice to dream and make the plans while I thought I could do it anyways. I am planning to go to Celebration of Needlework this year again. Granted it is going to be really tough on my department with both myself and my future sister in law being on vacation at the same time, especially being right near finals time for the college students. Celebrations is something I've gone to in the past 2 years and had a wonderful time. I shared a room with a wonderful person and I can't wait to catch up again. Maybe we will have more movies to talk about... the late night chats on our last nights...lol. (I am purposely not posting names here.)

Birthday - ok don't fall over now but I actually plan to celebrate my birthday this year but I'm organizing all myself. I am baking myself a cake. White cake, butter frosting and M&M's. I made one for my brother's birthday and I loved it so I want one myself. I am also planning to go out to lunch. I am paying for the lunch so the rules are all mine. I go where I want to go and we can't talk about anything I don't want talked about. My rules, I'm the princess of the day. I don't want any presents but wouldn't mind people saying Happy Birthday to me.

Stitching projects - well I have a special project I'm working on and basically I want to work on Frederick the Literate this year. I don't plan to catch up on any old projects I haven't finished yet but then one never knows. I might need a small project to fill some time waiting at appointments. I do have an ornament that I finished in December that I need to take a picture to post on my blog and webshots, especially before Molly destroys it one day when I am out. She has been making a beeline for that ornament for about a month now.

Education - I really would like to finish up my Certificate of Genealogical Librarianship this year. I hope they get their act together. I should also start working on my new certificate which is the American Records Certificate program. That one is huge. I got a C in the first class I took for that and it really threw a wrench in my confidence but I will climb back on that horse and try again.

Will I try anything new in 2006... time will only tell.. I suspect no since I want to just get my head and act together. I just want to become a better person all around and I want life for people who have to deal with me to become easier with being a better and calmer person.

These are just my thoughts and feelings of the day. I will probably end up deleting this post in a few weeks. No biggie!

Happy New Year to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That is some list of goals for 2006 Mary! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you accomplish any of them.