Thursday, August 20, 2009

drum roll please......

Yeah. It was cool enough tonight to take pictures of my framed finish and my stitchy finish.

First off......

Always Shine By Sam Sarah Designs

Framed by Hoops and Needles, Walpole.


And now for the stitchy finish.....

Hinzeit like design - created by someone at Hoops and Needles in Walpole, MA

Finished 8/19/09

Oops... just noticed the cap slipped to the side when I took the picture. It's is supposed to be vertically straight.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. My camera has issues with taking pictures of stitching fabric. Someday I'll figure it out... or get a better camera. For now, this camera will do.

Tonight I decided to start the Country Cottage Needleworks - Winter Wonderland. I decided to start with Chart #3 "Christmas Tree since it is the center section and I wanted to center the design. I did do some guidelines but only one horizontal and one vertical. Hopefully it will be all I need. I figure once the first one is done it will help me guide the other ones since the border squares and top "bows" are exactly the same size. So not enough for me to take a picture yet. I will post one when I finish the first block.

I was thinking today of all the items that I have on my sort of active WIP/UFO list:

Lizzie Kate - Double Flip-its- first series

Jeanette Douglas - Stitching Book

Susan Greening Davies - Shina's Tote

Julie Norton - Hardanger huck towels

Dimensions kit - Woodland Enchantress

Dimension kit - Frederick the Literate

I probably have more but that is what I can remember so that is what I should plug at over the next few months.

Thanks for checking out my latest finishes. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a wonderful weekend!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very pretty...love that STAR! :)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Those are great Mary.
I cannot wait to see what you do next... although, I am interested in seeing the Julie Norton - Hardanger huck towels. (told you I was hooked) LOL

Cait said...

MT~They came out AWESOME. I need to get back to stitching. Maybe after I move, I will pull our an unfinsihed project.

Kalu V said...

I loooveee always shine! its so pretty
great finish on the red sox it looks really cool with all the charms

and now you made me want winter wonderland =[ ... maybe itll make it into my wip list

Meari said...

Oh, I love the "Always Shine" finish. Really pretty. Congrats on your finishes! Good luck with your to-do list. :)

BeckySC said...

OOH, I love Always Shine! Very nice :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What great finishes! I absolutely love stars!

Sharon said...

How pretty that star is!!! Love it! Red Sox looks like a fun stitch too! :)