Saturday, January 06, 2007

Janauary 6th

Hi All!
I'm on my lunch break right now in work. What a gorgeous day out. I think I missed the sun though. It's supposed to go up to 65 today. Not typical winter weather here. Well it has been in the past just before we get socked with a few blizzards. Gotta love New England seasons. I do remember last year it did get really warm in January before it got really super cold and snowy...lol.

I did a bit more stitching of the Bruins logo this week but not enough for me to want to put a picture up. Maybe if I get my act together I'll stitch tonight. I am taking my mom to a party. I'm more of the chauffeur for her since it's in the evening but maybe I'll bring my stitching to work on it there. Then maybe I'll have a picture to show for this week's update.

I think I'm drinking a mocha something and not hot chocolate from Starbucks. If it's mocha, I might be up to stitch tonight late and into early tomorrow...lol.

I just finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. It was published in 1997 and I wasn't ready until December 2006 to read it. It is a great book though and I would recommend it to everyone. When you start the book, you know what the ending will be but the in-between is really good stuff. Very inspirational especially when you are having a tough day. It really puts life into perspective. I am not going to say what is in the book because I believe everyone receives their own messages from books like this and will take away what they need at the time to make them a better person or just feel better. I hope I will remember what I thought were the inspirational highlights for me when I have a bad day and can't get myself to feel better. I'm now reading Mitch's next book, For One More Day. Until I finish reading it, I'm not going to comment either way for recommending it or not. So far I will say it is attention grabbing. What is good with both books is they aren't long and the print is very easy on the eyes.

Well I need to finish up my lunch and get back to the reference desk. Have a great day everyone!!!

1 comment:

Lillasyster said...

Mary,
I love Tuesdays with Morrie, it's a great book. I haven't read For One More Day, but I sure will as soon as I find it over here. Have you read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Albom? That one is great as well. It's one of those books that when I finished it I felt like starting from the beginning right away - I love that kind of books.

I haven't stitched at all this year so far, but I'm crocheting a bit and have made a few cards (of paper LOL). I'll stitch a bit when I get back from work today though, unless I'm too tired.

Take care