Saturday, October 28, 2006

Finally a finish

Well it's been a long time since I posted. It's been a month of ups and downs but I've been plugging along. I finally finished my homework (another genealogy class!) today so I could work on cross-stitching again. I hadn't finished the ornament from the last ornament finishing class at Hoops and Needles in Walpole, MA but I was determined to finish it today.

This ornament did not come out how I wanted it to come out. In person, I can see every mistake... all the glue that got everywhere and where I cut wrong. In the picture, it looks fine...lol. This ornament is from the 2006 Just Cross-Stitch Christmas Ornament issue. Designed by Cross-Eyed Cricket, Inc. called "Away in a Manger Mitten". The picture is on page 13 and the pattern is on page 47. The model looks soo much better than what I stitched but there you have it...lol.



The next ornament is on page 22 designed by Raise the Roof Designs called "Arm and a Leg". I can't wait to get working on it. I am still working on the Lizzie Kate "And Two Shall Be As One."

Movie watched: Anne of Green Gable
Book reading: On Top of Concord Hill (Caroline Years)

5 comments:

Lillasyster said...

Nice to hear from you again, Mary :-)

I think you did a great job on your ornament, sorry to hear that you're not happy with it yourself. It does look great on the picture.

Anne of Green Gable is a movie I would love to see someday soon, just don't know where to find it over here. Well, to be honest I haven't even looked for it yet LOL but I've put it down on my "to watch list"

I hope you're having a great fall over there :-)

Carol said...

What a fantastic ornament Mary! Congratulations!

Patricia said...

Nice job! I love it. Looks good to me. Very cool. Great need I say more? I wish my work looked that nice, I am so jealous.

Nice post!

Happy halloween!

Jenn said...

Your ornament looks great Mary. Your Christmas Tree is going to look so pretty this year with all the pieces you finished on it.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! :-)